Feeds RSS

Saturday 22 September 2007

Commitment

Why? Why are some people just so unreliable and uncommitted to the things they do? And it's not like we force them to do them or anything. Where am I going with this? Basketball. True, sometimes it is damn frustrating to just be on the bench waiting for your turn which may never come, but hey, I was in that exact situation before! How can you learn by not being there, and not analyzing how better players play, and learning from them? How then, can you expect to start? Our center was in foul trouble, and I injured my elbow, so we looked to the bench to find no suitable replacements. So we pushed on, but in the end lost by 10+ points when at one time we were leading and it was such a close game. Really. Such a pity.

Still, no excuses. I had a horrible game. Couldn't shoot. Referee didn't call the fouls not just on me but also on our captain. Who lost one of his contact lenses just to add to the terrible luck. So we selfdestructed in the end, literally.

I have to say though, the support was AWESOME. For once. And I hope not for the last time. Really, to all those who came and watch us play and cheered us on, a big thank you is due to all of you guys. And girls. Speaking of girls, our batch came in 2nd as well. We could've won that too, but because of a certain someone in our opposing team, we came undone. Tough luck. But congratulations anyway.

How a life can turn and change in just 10 days. I know this may sound corny and shit, but life now has a different meaning. Impossible to try to write down my feelings - which is strange and unlike me - but hey, that's exactly what's happening. Just have to pray that the good times will keep coming in my life. But honestly I will take the bad as well as the good, for God has a purpose and a reason for everything that He sets for us. Say for example, I typed this entire thing with one right hand only cuz i totally blew my left elbow. Hmmm.

0 comments: