Feeds RSS

Thursday 22 November 2007

Post number 100.

One century. If only all of us have that long to live, oh wouldn't it be nice. Or not depends on who you are. With the world in chaos and disarray, one can only hope that the United Nations will be more effective. With so many new wars and conflicts, it seems that the only way that the world is moving is backwards, and there seems to be no answer that all parties can be satisfied with. So where is the world headed for? I suddenly thought of the UN because she said last night in the car that she would love to work for the UN. Which was what I wanted to do as well last time. Be the first Malaysian to hold the Secretary-General post. Since the first Asian post is already taken up by Ban Ki-moon, who is the current post-holder replacing Kofi Annan, and SEA already had a holder in U Thant, a Burmese, who served from 1961-1971.

I have no idea why I just became so political minded today. Maybe it because there is nothing else better to do today than just laze around and letting the mind wander....wander...wander...maybe I should catch up on reading my novels. My Agatha Christie has been stuck on the same page since the last time I read it in Pangkor.

And mum just confirmed the HongKong trip is to be on the 24th of December. And you have no idea how much I long to bring her along with me. Argh. This promises to be a looooooong holiday. And lonely Christmas.

0 comments: