Feeds RSS

Tuesday 6 July 2010

Day 28

Tuesday. Wednesday. Thursday.

Just 3 more days till I finally lift off from Manchester and head to Dubai and onwards to KL. Goodness knows how much I long to be back there again together with her. Just imagine being back there is already driving me nuts.

Breakdown of the OSCE results was released earlier today. I've seen some ridiculous things in my life but this just trumps all. I mean, what the hell? How do these people even do the grading for this shit! I did a totally different system examination for one station and passed, but failed an explanation station regarding fucking high blood pressure. For fuck's sake. Hypertension!! And scored almost full marks for diverticulosis explanation.

HOW??

Even IMU has a more standardized marking scheme. And it's not just me ranting for the sake of it; even people over in the Uni of Liverpool have been complaining. They even had a board of examiners look into their marking system because they had one of the highest fail rates for OSCEs in the country.

Ahh anyway, a pass is a pass. In the end, it is the label 'Doctor' that counts. Highly doubt they will grade a Chinese - or a foreigner that looks oriental - high marks for communication over here anyway. So just got to live with it. Plus do well for the sake of the patients not the examiners. My feedback reviews from patients have been excellent so far so I see no reason to change. For now.

0 comments: