Feeds RSS

Friday 2 May 2008

Why bother?

For the first time in months, I went to the Christian Fellowship weekly meet in IMU. Mainly because my pastor from church came to give the talk today. And it was awesome. I mean, it really cleared up quite a lot of doubts that have been lingering in my head for the past few months. About whether to bother about stuff around in my life or not. About what to really pay attention to in life and what to really care and take notice about. The End of The World is coming anyway, and I guess we can only do this much and just sit back and pray.

Studies have been slow. Slow slow slow. Oh man. And the whole afternoon was spent running drills and 80 lateral suicides for basketball training. Plus the fact that I didn't have enough sleep last night, and then having to wake up early to go to CSU and watch videos of rectal examination just wasn't such a B-E-A-utiful start to the day for obvious reasons. Then our dear Doctor Nilesh Kumar decided to go on an insanity streak and bombard us with so bloody much info regarding the structure of the liver. So much so that everyone was nut-stressed after that.

Argh and the neighbour upstairs is pounding on his floor. Damn person must be doing jump rope. Or crazy sex. So fuck noisy oh my goodness. So I pounded back using a block of wood (which I have in my room so don't mess with this house) on my ceiling. And hey it stopped. For like 5 minutes. What makes it worse is that I may actually know that person living above. My batchmates.

Right this very moment people are in IMU counting the votes for the SRC Elections. Am I nervous? I shouldn't be, if people are going to vote based on capabilities, and based on what happened in the Apprenticeship Weeks, but then again you know this wonderful world we live in. It is going to be partly a popularity *ahem superficial* contest, so we shall kick back and wait.

In the meantime, do check this song out. It is really good, it is called 'Gravity'. Depending on your mood obviously. She is the singer of 'Love Song'.

The video is here. Or you can just download the song whatever.

Sara Bareilles - Gravity
Something always brings me back to you.
It never takes too long.
No matter what I say or do, I still feel you here 'till the moment I'm gone.

You hold me without touch.
You keep me without chains.
I never wanted anything so much than to drown in your love and not feel your rain.

CHORUS
Set me free, leave me be. I don't want to fall another moment into your gravity.
Here I am and I stand so tall, just the way I'm supposed to be.
But you're on to me and all over me.

You loved me 'cause I'm fragile.
When I thought that I was strong.
But you touch me for a little while and all my fragile strength is gone.

CHORUS
Set me free, leave me be. I don't want to fall another moment into your gravity.
Here I am and I stand so tall, just the way I'm supposed to be.
But you're on to me and all over me.

I live here on my knees as I
Try to make you see that you're
Everything I think I need here on the ground.
But you're neither friend nor foe though I
Can't seem to let you go.
The one thing that I still know is that you're keeping me down
You're keeping me down, yeah
But you're onto me, onto me and all over

Something always brings me back to you
It never takes too long

0 comments: