Feeds RSS

Tuesday 18 December 2007

Not too early i think

It dawned upon my simple mind that important days and events in your life become so much more meaningful and important if you actually have someone else to celebrate it with you. Your parents. Siblings. Relatives. Maybe even business partners. Loved ones.

I used to treat Christmases and birthdays as just another day to get gifts and whatever you want. However since this year I resolved to look at things from a different perspective (yea yea it was my New Year's resolution thing) and hey, I guess it is so much better. Birthdays have become a day of real joy and surprises and getting your head dunked in not one, but two cakes after ppl have come knocking on my door at midnight. Thanks guys. =) And this Christmas I was really looking forward to it since I am now fully back in the path of the Lord, and I wanted to celebrate it in all its glory with that someone special in my life. I guess that would just have to wait until next year then.

With Christmas and New Year's all coming up, I really thought that this year was brilliant. For me. Maybe not so much for the world with protests, global catastrophies, the Darfur incident and so many other unfortunate events occurring. Perhaps it is time to really look into ourselves, not only as individuals, but also as a colony of homo sapiens. Maybe world peace isn't ever going to work out. Maybe there will always be war and fighting. Maybe the world is coming to an end. But then it never did hurt to try before, and I guess it wouldn't hurt to try and wish and pray again. Who knows, there might still be hope for us. God didn't cause all these disasters, we inflicted them upon ourselves. Such is life.

But hey, I am an optimistic fool, so these things wouldn't bring me down. I have my lovely gf to go back to next year in February, hopefully January, so the year ahead still looks as good as before. Plus a whole new year in IMU to try to do some good and make some changes. I don't know why I am posting this now, but it doesn't matter.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone in advance!

2 comments:

-pris- said...

And these are the thoughts of a simple mind?

Are you being modest or what?

That aside, that was one great entry.

May the year ahead be even better as we reflect on the past and attempt to work on certain areas.

Have a blast then.

And hope the promise for a gift still stays.*winks*

Hopefully there'd be really fun stuff happening at ECF too. With all you guys.

And of course, IMU. That is a MUST.

Jonathan said...

thanks Pris. Yep see u in IMU and ECF! =)

Have a good year ahead k? And good celebrations too =)