Feeds RSS

Thursday 12 November 2009

flashing blue lights

Went out with the ambulance and the paramedic crew this morning. At 6.30am. Disgusting time, but a bloody fun experience! The thrill of being given the legal power to drive at any speed in any direction of the road was just exhilarating. Plus unlike Malaysia there are actually LOTS of cases that need ambulances to be there within 8-10minutes. Just in one morning session alone I saw 5 cases of chest pain. Well it could have been more but there is the documentation of the patients at the hospital and other important stuff as well like having tea and biscuits.

Just love the sound of "999 mode activated" from the control panel in the ambulance and before you know it, right in the middle of a queue at the traffic lights, the siren starts blaring and cars part like the Red Sea. Or you can just swerve to the oncoming lane.

Shame that my A&E rotation is ending this week. Next up is the respiratory wards sigh. Wards are just boring. Not to mention with the swine and the seasonal flu all in full swing.

Gf hasn't had a proper night's worth of sleep for the past 4 nights due to her exams =\ Apparently has not been eating regularly as well hmm. Terrible -_- Random but funny how I almost could not wake up this morning when I have set my alarm, but managed to jolt right up when my phone vibrated cuz Andy was calling to pick me up for the ambulance service.

My electric heater is working like a charm.

0 comments: