Feeds RSS

Sunday 11 January 2009

Stop the blood trade

Good morning, this ain't Vietnam still
People lose hands, legs, arms for real
Little was known about Sierra Leone
And how it connects to the diamonds we own
When I speak of diamonds in this song
I ain't talking bout the ones that be glowin'
I'm talking bout RocAFella, my home, my chain
These ain't conflict diamonds, is they Jacob? Don't lie to me man!
See, a part of me sayin' keep shinin'
How? When I know of them blood diamonds
Though it's thousands of miles away
Sierra Leone connects to what we go through today
Over here, it's the drug trade, we die from drugs
Over there, they die from what we buy from drugs
The diamonds, the chains, the bracelets, the charmses
I thought my Jesus piece was so harmless
'till I saw a picture of a shorty armless
And here's the conflict.

0 comments: