Feeds RSS

Tuesday 21 October 2008

McD

What a dramatic day. And a tiring one too. Woke up at 7am to get ready to go to the kidney dialysis center in KL. That's when I noticed that my left calf was hurting terribly when I was exerting any force on it, be it standing or walking. Choosing to ignore it because I was running late, I took my shower and met my group mates in front of IMU. We were getting to KL by LRT.

Now halfway thru' the ride on the LRT, I felt a progressive stabbing pain on my left chest, and it was radiating to my upper left arm. I was thinking, "Fuck now I got myocardial infarction." The pain stopped a few seconds later but I was freaked out, but then realised that the chances of a deep vein thrombosis in a 20-yr old male is extremely rare, let alone it leading to pulmonary embolism.

So after going around in a circle - literally - we found the place. The sister in charge gave us a history of the place and the organisation, and started to show us how dialysis was done. I never liked needles, especially when it is stuck into the patient's arm *shudders*, but what happened was unprecedented to me. We were feeling one of the patient's arm for her A-V fistula when I started to get weak in the legs, got dizzy, cold sweat and warm around the neck region. Fucked again I thought. Gave an excuse to the sister and went to 7-11 and bought a drink. Felt better thank God.

So diagnosis? I sure hope it is just because I didn't eat my breakfast this morning so it'll be easier that one feels dizzy in sight of blood on an empty stomach. Better than MI anytime anyday.

Studies have not been particularly good. Relationship going thru' a little bit of a bump, plus have been very tired these few days. Sure wish things were back to the way they were. Give it time, yes. But sometimes, time doesn't heal everything. But sometimes it does too. Let's hope it is the latter huh.

0 comments: