Feeds RSS

Sunday 15 August 2010

just let me whine

I guess sometimes when you are in a routine, you get so used to it you just don't feel like leaving. Even in Brunei, in this house that I grew up in, with all food provided, cars to use and everything taken care of. It's the same feeling anywhere I suppose; while I was in the UK I felt quite reluctant to leave as well.

But of course you need to take into consideration some other factors as well. Friends. Family. Girlfriend. Right now, I just want to be in KL. In fact, 24 hours from now I will be on the plane across the South China Sea heading for KLIA.

To be honest, I am going to miss Brunei. Not the country, but my house and family. Everything just is so familiar, so carefree, and you can do (almost) anything you like. I have been away for almost a year but when your house is still the one place you can always relate to no matter which ends of the world you have been. Plus I still have so many more hours left on my gym membership card. The laziness of being in Brunei really sucks you in I suppose lol.

Right now thinking about heading back to the UK is pissing me off. Apart from fast internet and freedom and shopping, I can't think of why I would want to head back there. Studies. Ward rounds. PBLs. No car. No meals on the table for me when it is time. Fucking winter coming up. Disgusting food unless I cook. I don't normally mind or complain but oh well.

One more annoying thing is dealing with the house agent and landlord/lady. For fuck's sake. I never had a single day of disturbance from my landlord while I was in IMU. You rent it, you stay there, you do whatever you want. Just as long as you clean up before you finally decide to leave, all is fine. So what is up with these damn spot checks and shit. If I wanted all these routine checks and control I would've just asked my parents to come along and live with me. Obviously it is good to be organised and clean, but come on. The house is goddamn tidy enough for 3 guys living in it.

KL tomorrow. Honestly can't wait anymore. 4 days is a damn short time but I guess we just have to make do with what we've got. Shop. Eat. Cuddle. Good thing is that I get to see you right in the morning as I'm just a floor below you hehe. Wheeeee!

0 comments: