Feeds RSS

Saturday 23 May 2009

Train

Heading back to Brunei later for 4 days - until Tuesday night. Mum thinks she is too rich lol. Hate going back, hate leaving the bee behind even for 4 days. On the bright side - ok not bright maybe just a small glimmer - I can test drive the new family car!

Speaking of driving and cars, the bee and I headed up to Cameron's yesterday. 3 hour drive up to the strawberry park, and we found this really nice dessert cafe.



Strawberries, cherry tomatoes, chocolate and ice cream. Orgasmic. So all was turning out to be a wonderful day when something happened. I was turning right into a shop across the road. I put my signal to turn to the right when some fucker overtook me and gave me the finger. Ok never mind. So I let him pass before turning into the shop. I was 3/4 into the shop parking lot already when suddenly...BUMP! followed by 2 dull thuds.Ok so A is our car, B is the fucker and the blue cocci looking things are the motorcycles speeding away. Seems like the motorcyclists had to drive more the their left to evade the fucker B, so that might have caused the crash.

After hearing the crash the bee and I got out of the car, and I saw two people laying on the floor, unconscious. Lucky fucky they were wearing their helmets, else I'll probably be in jail by now. One guy groaned and got up, he had cuts and bruises and followed his friend to the hospital first while the other guy was still laying there dazed. I was bloody stunned big time - more stunned then when I saw the word 'fundoscope' in my first OSCE station - and it took me a full minute or so before I remembered I am a medical student. So I took his carotid pulse and checked if he could see the number of fingers I held in front of him. Passerby's and the people on the shops came out to help, and thank God they were helpful and not an angry mob. To cut the long story short, an ambulance came and took him away. IMU should let us practice in these kinds of scenario.

Then came the drama about making a police report or not. First thing is that we didn't want the bee's dad to find out or we'll both be screwed, and making a report means writing down the car number plate which is under his name. Secondly, I thought of just driving off cuz no one there took down our number plate (or so I think). Third option was to just go and settle with them directly, out of court. Which was the choice we ultimately took. And boy was it a good one. Turns out that the motorcyclists were Indonesians and they didn't have any driving license! No report for them too. So we just gave them whatever we had in our wallets and it was settled. Finally.

Lessons learnt. The bee and I can handle any problems thrown at us, and we can make the right decisions after discussing every possible angle lol. I love you : ) Also, Cameron's is not suitable for day trips; never get my kids in the future motorcycles; do the right thing and God will guide you through any storm.

0 comments: