Feeds RSS

Sunday 17 August 2008

The next wave

Guess we will have to wait another 4 years for our first Olympic gold medal. Was I disappointed? I have to say I really was, but not because he lost, but the manner that he did so. He really did look like an amateur, weighed down by all the media and the pressure on his shoulders to be the country's first Olympic gold medal winner. 12-21, 8-21. In a finals. That is unheard of until now. Poor Chong Wei. He is not to be blamed I feel. He just couldn't handle the pressure and the crazy China crowd. Where were our supporters?? The ones who keep blaming the athletes for not winning?? Such a pity. All talk no action as usual.

Ah well, maybe better luck next time eh? Congrats to Chong Wei anyway for winning the silver! It is in itself a very great achievement.

Oh and I captained my batch football team to a 5-1 win over Pharm A in the IMU Cup match just now this afternoon. Scored a cracker of a goal from way out - halfway between the halfway line and the goal. Haha! =D Hope we will win tomorrow as well for basketball!! Come on M107, it is our time!!

0 comments: